Water Behind liner?

HI, you asked for thoughts and I'll give you mine (good or bad :lol: )

You need to alleviate the 'surface water' that is causing your liner to bulge! There has been talk here about 'well points', etc. but you need a way to keep the water from 'puddling' around your pool area, and relieve that water quickly, so that it doesn't cause any permanent damage :!:

How is the topography of your yard? Is it possible to make a drainage line to keep the water from 'puddling' around your pool?

We can help you plan and implement drainage, but we need to know your yard (a pic would be VERY helpful :cool: )

Even if you make a 'trench' to alleviate the excess water - as the water subsides, brush or, by hand, work out any wrinkles that form.

This is woefully incomplete :( but do what you can and ask us questions :-D

PhotoEd said:
Wouldn't I see bigger evidence of ground water along the bottom of the pool?

Not necesserily. But it cant be water from the pool causing a bulge. It has to be water pressure from outside the pool to push a bulge out to overcome the pressure of the water already in the pool.
Theres no way water from inside the pool can overcome the pressure of the water pushing against the liner to allow water to get behind it. It has to come from the outside.
Does that make sense? I probably didnt explain it very well, it's kinda late :?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.