Intex sand filter - fittings for backwash port

Mar 20, 2011
Texas
I have an Intex pool. I just replaced the paper filter type filter/pump with the smaller sand filter/pump combo.

I'm puzzling over how to connect a long hose to the backwash port on the pump. I can buy 25 foot lengths of flexible backwash hose at Home Depot. But where do I get fittings that will let me screw the hose on to the outlet of the pump? Is the outlet some standard plumbing size/type so I just need to hit the plumbing aisle at Home Depot? A pool store?

Thanks

Robert

Robert,

The inlet and outlet points on the Intex sand filter are all 2" size. There is just one problem with them. The pitch of the threads on the filter are different so standard PVC fittings won't work that great. You will only be able to get 2 turns on the fitting before they bind up and will still leak. Please read my topic on making custom PVC fittings for Intex pools and equipment. Once the fittings are made you can connect any size PVC pipe that you want to. There are PVC barbed fittings you can buy that will alow you to connect the flexible hose to it and just have to use pipe clams to secure the connection. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.