Anyone have a sand caremel color liner? What do you think/

jcat

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
North East
Choosing a new liner. I am thinking of going the non blue route. Any opinions? Any issues with the non blue liner. I 've attached my possible choice.
16x32 old school IG

Attachments

• s_carmel_f.jpg
    s_carmel_f.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,943
Re: Anyone have a sand caremel color liner? What do you thi

We considered a sandstone colored liner a few months ago while we were making our selection. We saw several pools with it installed, but ended up going with a quartzite pattern. Believe it or not, the sandstone liner results in a caribbean blue water color.

Albion-Large.jpg

albion1.jpg

Liner is in and starting to fill now first impressions are that it looks a bit more tan then I had expected. Obviously will look different once full. I'll follow up again this weekend if it clears up again, were expecting more rain, with the end result.

[attachment=0:2uzma1bg]DSC00934.jpg[/attachment:2uzma1bg]

Attachments

• DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,664

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well its just about full. The picture really doesn't do the liner justice its definitely more of a teal / blue green water color. Its over cast right now I'll upload another tomorrow with full sun.

[attachment=0:1q52j42s]Liner.jpg[/attachment:1q52j42s]

Attachments

• Liner.jpg
    Liner.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,613

Hello!

I bookmarked your thread because I was dying to see your new pool full of water. Oh my goodness, I think it is just gorgeous! I so hope you are happy with it. Such a beautiful color!

Lana

Would you say you are pleased with your liner selection?

I think it looks fabulous and I'm sure it looks even more tropical when the light hits the water.

Cool looking dog BTW. :cool:

Absolutely pleased. Although my point of comparison was a much lighter old and faded liner from when we bought the house. It's raining today so I can't get a full sun pic yet. Just looking I would have never thought this liner is a tan color when its full.

I loved my sand colored liner I bought for my above ground pool in 2007. The kids actually picked the liner!

This is what it looked like as soon as I topped her off and let the kids loose. Neon green! :shock: :lol: I wasn't sure if I had made a mistake in letting them pick it!

And then it took on a whole new life and I mean, a whole new life! I have never seen a liner look so different every day of the week under sun, cloud cover, shade, rain... you name it. This liner is one of my favorites and I would purchase another sand colored one over a blue liner in a heart beat!

Avatar pic is same liner. :wink:

Just finished up our 18x36 with the exact liner shown by jcat above. When we filled it with city water, the shallow end looked just like we wanted, but the deep end looked more green...kind of like algea.:(

I was starting to consider ordering a new liner but that changed as soon as I dumped the salt in...
Now the water is the perfect carribean blue!

Never would have thought the salt would make that huge of a difference in the color, but it did.
If I didn't have a sand/tan color liner i don't think I would have seen the difference the salt made.

We are just in the midst of changing our liner and I too thought of the sandstone. Your pool looks beautiful and now that I have seen it with the water in it there is no question. Just love it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.