I saw an ad for pool chemicals lately that asked if I had tested for phosphates. It said that algae eat phosphates, and that getting rid of the phosphates would starve (kill) the algae. It said I should use a product called Phos-go to get rid of the phosphates.
Anything to this? Should I be using this product or some other to get rid of phosphates? I might add that keeping my chlorine levels up usually controls the algae, although sometimes after a particularly hard rain, the algae will bloom, causing me to have to shock the pool. I live in Mobile, Al.