Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ring around the deain

1. Back To Top    #1

Daytona Beach, FL 32117 USA

Ring around the deain

I had to drain the pool to patch the Diamond brite. There was some water on the deep end around the main drain. This water stayed in the pool for 2 days. When I put new water in the pool the ring was still there. The pool store told me that to keep the chlorine high and this will leach out the stain. What do you think?
    12k Gal. Kidney IG pool (Built around 1964 screened enclosure?), Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite (Added 12/2007), 1 hp motor, Sta-Rite P2 pump, Hayward C900 paper cartridge filter, Resilience SWG PSC-3 SCC 25 Element, Dolphin Robatic Cleaner, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 11, Taylor K2006C, Lamotte Tracer PockeTester PH/TDS/SAL, purptiger

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ring around the deain

1st thing to confirm is if the stain is organic, or perhaps calcium (if whitish in color). If organic, high FC level will eventually fade it away or you could hold a trichlor puck near the ring to see if that speeds up the process.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator