Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why would anyone think this is ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why would anyone think this is ok?

I don't want to derail my Construction thread with this topic. I came home from dinner last night and I found this at the back corner of my house (that stucco is the corner of my master bedroom). I know there aren't any bathrooms in the yard, but my property is almost 1.5 acres. I've seen the other guys taking a stroll down the back hill and I don't care. But this is my HOUSE. I had the time lapse camera setup and I know who did it too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why would anyone think this is ok?

I don't blame you for being Peeved. There'd be some serious cleanup done by the guy that did that before I'd be happy again. That's totally uncalled for.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

sent him packing!!! with a clean up bill!
    Virginia Beach,Va.Viking Cancun,Fiberglass,15,000 gal.1.5HP E pump W/Cartridge filter and 250,000BTU Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

During the planning stages of our renovation, we asked about having a portable john for the workers. Our PB told us that our town did not allow them. We thought that odd but did not challenge him on it. Surely he must know.

It looks from the OP's experience that we were fortunate that nothing ugly happened. Our security cameras probably played a role in encouraging the workers to go when they went off for lunch and creatively use the woodsy area at other times.

This spring our neighbors down the street evidently had no problem providing a nice portable john on their property for the workers putting a new addition on their house.

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

5. Back To Top    #5

That is insane!
    It's things like that, that makes me wonder where mankind is going.
    Personally I could never trust a person to build my pool if has the nerve to urinate on my house
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

6. Back To Top    #6

It's one of the subs. I spoke with the PB today and he was highly irritated. He is going to handle it with the sub. Luckily the sub only has a small item to finish. I hope they just send someone else to wrap up the job.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I was tasked to supervise some work being done at my boss' house one day and caught a guy letting it fly in his furnace. Needless to say that said employee went home with more than Pink slip that day. I get that when you gotta go..you gotta go but this is pure disregard. Go to your vehicle and stick in a bottle for goodness sakes.

8. Back To Top    #8

We had a similar experience during our pool build. One of our stone masons relieved himself in a secluded corner right next to our house and covered it up with mulch. Needless to say, it was not of the liquid variety. We would never have discovered it, but we have a dog who is very fond of eating cat (and apparently human) poop and she discovered it, unbenownst to us. My daughter brought her new boyfriend home to meet the family and while she was introducing this poor young man to the dog, they noticed the nauseating smell coming from the dog. I never mentioned it to the pool builder, because I had sympathy for the worker who obviously had to answer the call of nature. And the stone work was beautiful!
    22,000 gallon, 34' X 24' freeform Pebble Tec pool and raised 7' spa with spillway, SWG, Jandy Stealth pump, natural gas heater, cartridge filter, Jandy LED colored pool lights, Jandy electronic water leveler, Polaris 280 pool cleaner