Taylor SampleSizer

Neat idea.

Watch the video here and notice how the lady holds the sample vial to check the level. She has it tilted toward her, messing up the measurement.

I do like it, but when you're sizing the sample the plunger resistance sometimes causes you to overshoot the mark (undershoot the amount) and you have to draw water back into it and do it again. I have two of the syringes and they're both kinda hard to adjust. Different syringes may not have that problem. Even at that, it's way better than trying to sight the meniscus in the vial but it has it's drawbacks.

I just use an old r-0013 bottle to fill the test tube. The opening is large enough that if you squeeze the bottle underwater and get enough for 2 samples and let's you add drops until the water reaches the 10 or 25ml mark.

Although I must admit that Samplesizer does look cool

Does the TFTestKits have them?
I am such a sucker for neat gadgets. I sorta' blew them off when they first came out but have been reading this thread and, well, I have to have one now.

We will have them on the website over the weekend but not be able to bring them into stock until Wednesday or Thursday....assuming Taylor has stock available for us on Monday AM

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.