Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Taylor SampleSizer

Taylor SampleSizer

TFP Team:

I recently purchased the Taylor SampleSizer. This thing rocks and is the perfect compliment to the Taylor Speedstir since the speedstir comes with the 9198 tube.

Taylor SampleSizer

Saves testing time and aggravation.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

Re: Taylor SampleSizer

Kinda nifty.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

Neat idea.

Watch the video here and notice how the lady holds the sample vial to check the level. She has it tilted toward her, messing up the measurement.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

I have to admit, I do like it. I use a 10ml graduated syringe right now but it has it's issues. I may have to try the sizer.

Good notice on the tilted vial John.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Bama, what don't you like about the syringe? I was thinking of using one to measure my samples.
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

I do like it, but when you're sizing the sample the plunger resistance sometimes causes you to overshoot the mark (undershoot the amount) and you have to draw water back into it and do it again. I have two of the syringes and they're both kinda hard to adjust. Different syringes may not have that problem. Even at that, it's way better than trying to sight the meniscus in the vial but it has it's drawbacks.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I agree. I had to get this thing because I kept emptying out too much water or not enough. Now I don't even have to think about it...this thing saves so much time.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG. Polaris 9300.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

Neat. I might want to get one. Where did you get it? Does the TFTestKits have them?
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

I just use an old r-0013 bottle to fill the test tube. The opening is large enough that if you squeeze the bottle underwater and get enough for 2 samples and let's you add drops until the water reaches the 10 or 25ml mark.

Although I must admit that Samplesizer does look cool
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

Senior Member In the Industry

Does the TFTestKits have them?
    I am such a sucker for neat gadgets. I sorta' blew them off when they first came out but have been reading this thread and, well, I have to have one now.

We will have them on the website over the weekend but not be able to bring them into stock until Wednesday or Thursday....assuming Taylor has stock available for us on Monday AM
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Good Morning Dave.

I'll definitely be ordering a couple of those.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

I wants one too! When one of you get one please post back here to give your impression of its accuracy vs using a dropper... :P
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280