Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do when CC count of .5 registers?

1. Back To Top    #1

What to do when CC count of .5 registers?

TFP Team:

What do you guys generally do when you discover a CC level of .5? Do you ignore it until it goes higher? What if it persists for more than one day?

My CC reading has been .5 last couple days. Pool School says to shock if it gets any higher. Just curious if getting the reading over a day or two also indicates shocking. Thanks for any feedback.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: What to do when CC count of .5 registers?

Treat a .5CC reading as if it were zero. My pool fluctuates between .5 and 0 over several days.....just ignore it.

And confirming what you already know, 1.0cc or higher is a good indicator it's time to shock.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What to do when CC count of .5 registers?

0.5ppm is fine. You can elevate FC by 1 or 2 ppm for a few days, but it's nothing to worry about. CC's will persist if the pool is being used every day or pollen/organic debris happens to be high this time of year. Keeping adequate FC will keep the CC at 0.5 or below.

Edit: Dave beat me to it...what he said
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator