Bleached liner

loyd

Aug 16, 2007
MiddleTN
Hi all,
I have only used the TFP method for our pool and it has worked out great. Unfortunately this winter and spring I have made some very bad decisions - and I KNEW BETTER but never the less here's my story - Last fall I bought a new pool cover, once we got it on the pool we realized it was too small but it was on and would have been a real chore to take off and return so we left it on. It partially blew into the pool during the first storm and we just left it for the winter. Needless to say I have a pond this spring. I pulled the liner out yesterday and discovered a dead squirrel. Ugh, gross gross. I freaked out a little and dumped bleach in the pool and circulated as best as I could (pump and filter not hooked up yet) while trying to remove all the leaves.Today I discovered I bleached the liner a little. How bad is this? Does the liner have to be replaced? I plan on hooking up pump and filter and getting the pool running next week.

I made a lot of mistakes with the most serious being adding bleach without using the pool calculator and without a pump to circulate. SO MAD at myself!!!!

Thanks a bunch for your advice

It is difficult to say. You are probably alright, aside from the appearance and a slight shortening of the liner lifetime, but there could be more serious damage. Much of the color will bleach out well before there is any serious damage. Assuming there is only a little bleaching of the liner in relatively small areas, it shouldn't have been strong enough to do anything worse than change the color and you should be fine.

I used 3 182 oz containers....really just brought it up to shock level, I think. I just didn't get it circulated well. It looks like there is a lightened line around the pool at the water level. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.