New plaster pool start up

We've recently built a pool and it's finally finished, but since I'm new to pool ownership I have a question about getting the water chemistry started. Our pool is gunite with medium grey plaster, it's been filled for almost two weeks now. I've brushed it several times a day for the first two weeks, I've maintained the pH between 7.5 and 7.8 with the addition of muratic acid. I've read thru the Pool School information about SWG pool start up but here's where my questions begin. The Builder added salt to our pool after one week but the air temp has been in the 50s and our water temp has been in the 50s also.

Here are my numbers from the TFT water kit I purchased
FC 2
pH 7.6
TA 60
CH 230
CYA ?
Salt 3650
Borates ?

So since the temps have been low do I wait until the SWG starts producing Cl before I try to adjust the othe numbers?

Also, CYA, when I try the test the mix that I add to the tube is clear and it never gets to a point where I can't see the dot on the bottom of the tube. Does that mean CYA is high or low?

Sorry this is so long, I've spent a lot of time these last few weeks lurking and reading. I appreciate the help and advice.

water balance for swcg is here

recommendation I received was to wait minimum 30 days, preferably 60, before adding any salt to new plaster pool (I waited 90 days)

you don't have CYA, get some from home depot and add with the "sock in skimmer" method (search tfp)

Does that mean CYA is high or low?
Yeah, as Susa said, it means you have no CYA. That's normal. It does not occur naturally so you will manually have to bring it up.

Your SWG manufacturer should tell you how much. If not, target 50ppm and then be prepared to bring it up alittle more to around 60-70.

You'll read this when you research the "sock" method but don't test for CYA until 3-7 days after you add it. It goes into the pool very slowly.

The rest of your numbers look pretty good. How does your water look?

(Borates will normally be at zero also. I would suggest you hold off on adding those until you get a little more familiar with the chemistry and your own particular pool.)

Your test results look really good except the CYA. If the dot never disappears that means you have zero or almost zero CYA in your water. You need to add some soon as you'll lose all your FC to sunlight each day if you don't.

How did the FC you have now get in the water?

Is your SWCG producing any chlorine? What model is it and what lights are on?

ETA >> We were all typing at the same time saying basically the same thing. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.