Replacement Motor for WhisperFlo WF-26

lazyd

Jul 4, 2010
Hello,
This is my first post after scanning this site for over a year and have found a lot of helpful information (and yes, I have searched other posts :-D ). My question is that I need to replace my motor on my WF-26 and want to go with a 2-speed motor for the cost savings. I am considering the AO Smith B2983 motor with a toggle switch for the high/low speed function. Does anyone have any other motors they would use? Also, about how long would I need to run the pump on low to have a complete turnover of the water? Thank you again for the site and the help

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

lazyd said:
Also, about how long would I need to run the pump on low to have a complete turnover of the water? Thank you again for the site and the help

Low speed is half the flow rate or twice the turnover time so low speed needs to run 2 hours for every hour that you replace high speed.

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

The B2983 is the recommended replacement and I would go with that.

The general rule is that you need to run the pump twice as long on low as you do on high but you're still going to save money.

Mark beat me to it but we both said the same thing! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.