Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement Motor for WhisperFlo WF-26

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement Motor for WhisperFlo WF-26

Hello,
    This is my first post after scanning this site for over a year and have found a lot of helpful information (and yes, I have searched other posts ). My question is that I need to replace my motor on my WF-26 and want to go with a 2-speed motor for the cost savings. I am considering the AO Smith B2983 motor with a toggle switch for the high/low speed function. Does anyone have any other motors they would use? Also, about how long would I need to run the pump on low to have a complete turnover of the water? Thank you again for the site and the help
    25000Gal Gunite, 1.5HP Whisperflo WF-26, Pentair FNS Plus 36DE, Pentair Model 320 Tiger Shark QC cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement Motor for WhisperFlo WF-26

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyd
    Also, about how long would I need to run the pump on low to have a complete turnover of the water? Thank you again for the site and the help
    Low speed is half the flow rate or twice the turnover time so low speed needs to run 2 hours for every hour that you replace high speed.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacement Motor for WhisperFlo WF-26

Welcome to TFP.

The B2983 is the recommended replacement and I would go with that.

The general rule is that you need to run the pump twice as long on low as you do on high but you're still going to save money.

Mark beat me to it but we both said the same thing!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit