vent....not a good start to remodel

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
ok, so they started the remodel today and while I had asked for them to drain the pool into our sewer lines, they said that was not possible because it would flood our house, I get that and am glad they didn't go that route. However, I was clear about my concerns about it draining into the streets and they assured me it was okay. So, fastforward to this morning ( they started at dark thirty) when it's draining, and the city comes by telling me it's against ordinance. ARGH!!! Pool is 75 percent drained but I made them stop due to ******* off the city ( and probably neighbors). Now to be fair, I had let the ppm get to 1, but still. Not a good way to start. of course I called the super right away and they have stopped..said someone else would be coming out later to finish. I sure hope the rest of the job doesn't go like this. A very unhappy start. Thanks for letting me vent.
B

Sounds like the remodel company had to choose between flooding the house or draining to sewer, and they picked the correct option. Too bad the city can't see that (it's only water!).

Sounds like you got a company that cares, and tried to do the right thing. Please don't blame them or think that the job is off to a bad start. How do you think it would have been if they had started the drain down the clean out and you woke up to a flooded home :shock: :cool:

It's just super stressful...just talked to the city and they said definitely no street....we have a sewer line out front and they said it can be dumped there....PB won't be back out til this evening to finish and I am still ansty about it backing up to the house if they "super" pump it...city guy says it goes straight into sewer. ACK, I sure hope this is the most excitement we have with this whole deal. ( breathe)!! Off to work to distract myself. Thanks for all the input. Let you know how it goes.

too late to be useful to you but a similar situation exists in my area and we normally

1. speak first to all neighbors within 10 houses in any direction, several days in advance
2. pump to street over 2 nights, at low speed, allowing ground to soak up much of the water

never had a problem or visit from city using above steps

Isn't flooding the house only an issue if they're pumping at high rates? It seems like this could still be done if you/they were willing to let it take a day or two instead of trying to get it done in a few hours...

Thanks again all for letting me vent and being my support group! They came back out this afternoon and finished the job, pumping it into the sewer drain. The FC was minimal, as I had decided that might be a good idea anyways...but when I tested yesterday there was still 1ppm, so not too bad. Here's hoping that was the only glitch in the process and lol, I am sure I will be back here soon as I am doing our own start up. Got my super duper test kit that ya'll recommended here and got my cheat sheets the chemistry from PS. Thanks again!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our budget allowed for plaster...we are also redoing the tile as well. And if timing couldn't be any better, the pool light recently went out, so we are also replacing that while the pool is empty ( trying to get that covered under home warranty).

bubbles said:
Our budget allowed for plaster...we are also redoing the tile as well. And if timing couldn't be any better, the pool light recently went out, so we are also replacing that while the pool is empty ( trying to get that covered under home warranty).
Plaster is good! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.