pool install and electrical

Feb 15, 2011
Been reading here alot. There is alot of helpful information.

I have one question, I'm getting our pool installed (20 round sharkline oceanic) on April 18th (Monday) and the electrical is getting on the following Saturday, will this be ok?

Thank you for any help.
Frank

Welcome to the forum :lol: I assume you mean "okay" referencing water quality, is that right?

Get an old broom and stir/mix in 1/2 of a small jug of clorox each evening until your pump is running. That'll keep your water clear.

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, and no. You will really want to add some chemicals by no later than the evening of the second day that the pool is full of water. Adding chemicals requires some water circulation, and by far the easiest way to do that is to have the pump running. However, there are other, more challenging, ways to get the required water mixing to happen.

The simplest approach is probably to run an extension cord to run the pump for an hour a day to get some basic mixing happening. Of course you need to have a suitably long extension cord that is rated for enough amps to handle the pump. Another way is to brush the entire pool vigorously after adding chemicals, or to move water around with something like a canoe paddle for a significant period of time, or get in the pool and walk around vigorously for 15 minutes.

The use of an extension cord may sound easier than it may turn out to be without a dedicated circuit for the pump. They can draw up to 10 amps on startup off of a normally 15 amp circuit. You could always borrow a generator from a friend if you can't find a circuit that will handle the startup load.

duraleigh said:
Welcome to the forum :lol: I assume you mean "okay" referencing water quality, is that right?

Get an old broom and stir/mix in 1/2 of a small jug of clorox each evening until your pump is running. That'll keep your water clear.

Maybe I will do it this way, seems to be the safer way, then worrying about amps and such. This way I will have time for the electrical to be done and the township to do the inspection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.