Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool install and electrical

1. Back To Top    #1

pool install and electrical

Been reading here alot. There is alot of helpful information.

I have one question, I'm getting our pool installed (20 round sharkline oceanic) on April 18th (Monday) and the electrical is getting on the following Saturday, will this be ok?

Thank you for any help.
    Frank
    20 x 54 Sharkline Oceanic
    1 1/2 hp White River
    22" Sparco Hi-Rate Sand Filter
    Nature 2 Sanitizer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: pool install and electrical

Welcome to the forum I assume you mean "okay" referencing water quality, is that right?

Get an old broom and stir/mix in 1/2 of a small jug of clorox each evening until your pump is running. That'll keep your water clear.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, and no. You will really want to add some chemicals by no later than the evening of the second day that the pool is full of water. Adding chemicals requires some water circulation, and by far the easiest way to do that is to have the pump running. However, there are other, more challenging, ways to get the required water mixing to happen.

The simplest approach is probably to run an extension cord to run the pump for an hour a day to get some basic mixing happening. Of course you need to have a suitably long extension cord that is rated for enough amps to handle the pump. Another way is to brush the entire pool vigorously after adding chemicals, or to move water around with something like a canoe paddle for a significant period of time, or get in the pool and walk around vigorously for 15 minutes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes I wanted about the water quality.

Thank you so much for the information.

Will use an extension cord (didn't know that I could use and extension cord) to run the pump for an hour a day.
    1 1/2 hp White River
    Nature 2 Sanitizer

5. Back To Top    #5

The use of an extension cord may sound easier than it may turn out to be without a dedicated circuit for the pump. They can draw up to 10 amps on startup off of a normally 15 amp circuit. You could always borrow a generator from a friend if you can't find a circuit that will handle the startup load.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Welcome to the forum I assume you mean "okay" referencing water quality, is that right?

Get an old broom and stir/mix in 1/2 of a small jug of clorox each evening until your pump is running. That'll keep your water clear.

Maybe I will do it this way, seems to be the safer way, then worrying about amps and such. This way I will have time for the electrical to be done and the township to do the inspection.
    1 1/2 hp White River
    Nature 2 Sanitizer

7. Back To Top    #7

Again, thank you very for the information.

This is a great site!!

Frank
    1 1/2 hp White River
    Nature 2 Sanitizer