Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Round Rubber Disc in Deep End??

1. Back To Top    #1

Round Rubber Disc in Deep End??

I was in the process of brushing my pool today and when I pulled my brush up from the deep end there was a round rubber disc looking thing that was probably about 1 ft - 1 1/2 ft in diameter. I couldn't grab it before it sunk back to the bottom and the water still is not clear enough to see to the bottom in the deep end so I can get it back up. It was a light beige color and had slits about 1/2 from the edge all of the way around.

Any idea what this is? Is it okay to leave it, wherever it may be down there, for now?

Thanks!
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Round Rubber Disc in Deep End??

I wonder if it's a part off a creepy krauler or barracuda...

3. Back To Top    #3

I was able to get it up yesturday out of the water. It is some type of cover that goes over the main drain. The center is hard plastic and weighted and around that there is rubber with slits. It says on the bottom that it is not used in place of the main drain cover, but is used with it. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

4. Back To Top    #4

Sounds like it could be a leaf catcher for an arneson pool sweep.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is it a cover that goes over the main drain so that an automatic cleaner doesnt get hung up on the main drain cover? They have these rubber inserts that people put over the main drain so that when you use an automatic pool cleaner, that the cleaners tracks dont get ung up on the main drain and can continue going right over the top of it. I bet that is what this thing is?
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/