Folding a mesh winter cover

Oct 8, 2009
Just wondering if there is a right way or wrong way to fold a mesh winter cover for summer storage? My husband and I are deciding if the $80 is worth it to have the pool company do it for us or not. I say we try it but I'm not sure if we can handle it or not. So are there any "tricks" to do it the right way the first time?
Thanks for any advice.

If you have an open area of lawn to lay the cover out on it isn't very difficult to fold. Just fold in half, alternating directions each time. The first few folds are easiest if you have two people taking adjoining corners and walk them slowly towards the opposite corners.

I usually haul it off and lay it in the yard. Spray the junk off, and let it dry a bit. Once I have the pool up and running, I fold it up kind of like a sleeping bag. Stuff it in the bag, and leave it outside for a day or so, so it can dry completely.

No need to spend 80 bucks.....

Nothing wrong with folding it like a sheet, but it's s 'snap' to fan fold it and that makes reinstalling the cover a lot easier.

If you hose it off while it's still on the pool, you can fan fold it right off the pool and put it in the bag to dry :idea:

Method:

Once the cover is clean, unhook the springs and put down all the anchors.

2 people grab the corners, making sure to pull the cover taught and pull the cover onto the deck (either shallow or deep end) enough that 1 1/2 squares are on the deck. Then grab the second strap and walk it back to be even with the end, repeat until the cover is off and you have a 1 square wide rectangle. Starting from both ends, fold the cover in 1/2 squares until you end up ion the middle with a 1 square by 1/2 square pile-O-cover. This should slide nicely into the bag.

Hang the bag so that it's off the ground (this will make it dry more quickly and help keep vermin from nesting in the cover and chewing holes in it :hammer: )

HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.