Any reviews of Pentair Smart pH System?

phalcon51

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2010
So. California
I just read about the Pentair Smart pH system and it sounds interesting. Anyone using one? Is this a complete system including a reservoir and pump? If not, does Pentair also make these components? How accurate is the pH monitor? Will it keep the pH in a narrow range? What are the pros and cons of this system? How much does a complete system cost? Anybody giving discounts to TFP Supporters? Any other complete systems that you think are better/more accurate/more affordable?

Update: Just saw the Pentair Intellichem mentioned in another post from back in early Feb. saying that the Intellichem may well do away with the Smart pH and that it would be shipping by the end of Feb., but I can't find anything about the Intellichem on the Pentair website. Any info on this? Here's a short YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPoNDN5VeXM

Thanks,

Gary

They are several vendors that have pH adjustment control units. Unless you have a real issue with pH climbing and can't alleviate it with chemical balance it's usually not worth the expense of trying to control it. It's much simpler to buy a peristaltic pump and just run it on a timer. It requires a little fiddling with to get the time just right but it's not a problem for most pools as the pH fluctuation is usually predictable.

I use Simpool pH, link in my sig, installation took 20 minutes and it is a wonderful, simple, inexpensive tool to manage my muriatic acid dosing in combination with the SWCG. Did not want to spend over 200 for my first test but once this unit no longer works (12-24 months), I may replace the probe (about 75.00) or I may upgrade to a Technopool series pH system.

The test values are solid each time at 7.4 to 7.5, verified by two local shops and my TFT kit.

Biggest benefit is the total automation and not having to breath fumes and the very small dose injections over the duration of the pump run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.