Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward EcoStar VSP...

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward EcoStar VSP...

Just gotta say, the Hayward Rep got me a special "try-me" price, so I did (extending that savings to my customer).

This pump was sooooo easy to install, wire and program, and will work well with any other non-standard control system. Runs well, and quite.

Very nice job Hayward!
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward EcoStar VSP...

Nice to hear - I just bought one. Having it installed next weekend.
    26,200 gal. 35' x 16' Plaster IGP (50 yrs. old), Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG, The Pool Cleaner 4X suction, Pool Skim and Pool Devil skimmers. Re-plastered Sept. 2010.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward EcoStar VSP...

I just purchased a Hayward Ecostar VSP with my new pool and it works well, runs at 35% on 100 watts, and is fairly quiet at lower speeds. At speeds above 65% it becomes increasingly louder and at 85% it is downright annoying. Mine was mounted by the installer very close to my house (on concrete/foam pad) and has no vibration pads between the motor and pad. Suggest using pads to reduce noise.