Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I'm back and about to open my pool

1. Back To Top    #1

I'm back and about to open my pool

Hey guys! Long time. Work has me a bit crazy but I finally have the time to dedicate to my pool.

Decide to let it go over the winter, save myself the $50/month I spend on electricity to run the pump. I also went from the little Hayward filter below to picking up my new Pentair CCP420 this week. Still cartridge filter, but substantially more filtration room.

I've got my test kit handy and will start shocking the pool as soon as the filter is in. Yay for the new swim season!

Denis
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I'm back and about to open my pool

Welcome back Denis.

Just as a note. You can save yourself some work and some money next year by properly closing and covering your pool. I closed and covered ours this year and when I opened it, it was clear as could be and only had about a dozen leaves from taking the cover off. I didn't run my pump for 4 months.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You're absolutely right about that. The $800 I had saved for a proper winter cover ended up being used to pay our property taxes, so I ended up letting it lapse.

That said, I'm getting my bonus at work in June and I'll buy the cover then, storing it until winter. Hopefully that and proper closing will keep me from going through swamp **** again

Denis
    Clearwater, Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome back! You are going to LOVE that CC420. That's all the filter you will ever need.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Welcome back! You are going to LOVE that CC420. That's all the filter you will ever need.
    I figured as much. I looked at the bigger one (520, I believe) and it just wasn't worth the extra $200 to me, based on the flow characteristics being the same. I'm excited to see how fast it filters my swamp now that I've broken the algae.
    Clearwater, Florida