Refilling a Vinyl Liner after 60% Drain

Sep 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I have an in-ground vinyl liner pool, about 4 years old in good condition. My CYA was about 150 (from prior puck use, now I'm on BBB), so I just drained about 60% of the pool, making sure to keep at least 1 foot of water in the shallow end.

I'm refilling right now, and the sides of the liner are loose/bumpy in a few places. My question is, should this resolve itself as the pool fills back up, or should I be out there trying to constantly flatten out any bumps in the liner?

You should be fine. As the water rises it should push everything into place. If there has been too much shifting there might be some wrinkles left at the end, but that is relatively unlikely. The only danger is if the bend in the liner along the bottom of the wall shifted, which would probably be fairly obvious already. One foot of water ought to have been more than enough to prevent that from happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.