help please

May 16, 2009
I have a swimpure plus purchased 2 summers ago... I recently had the water tested, added the salt and chemicals and then yesterday noticed a little algae starting to show up... I figured what the heck and decided to superchlorinate for a while... soon as i flipped the button/switch the read out kind of acted up... where it was reading 3100 it was now showing 3.10, then this afternoon I notice it's reading 2.00

so i get the water tested again and everything is fine, salt level at 2900

but the generating light isn't on and and with the low reading and now the check salt and inspect cell lights are on, and I'm not sure what I need to do... I do know that if there's a low salt reading the check salt and inspect cell will come on...

Is something wrong with the box? The cell?

Everything seemed to be working fine til I flipped the superchlorinate switch

Could be multiple things, but to confirm chemistry is not the issue, how are you testing your salt level? Also, what is the minimum suggested salt level for your unit? What is your water temp? Have you inspected/cleaned the cell? Any calcium scaling?

You should really invest in a kit to test at home, as PS results can vary wildly. Water temp also effects a SWGs ability to generate chlorine at certain levels, hence why I asked about the water temp. What salinity level does your SWG require?

everything was under warranty so they came out... said the box needed to be reset, said i must have pushed the super chlorinate button after i'd cycled away from the salt reading... i told them i didn't cycle away from it... why would i? truth be told, i'm not sure if i did or not...

think that was the problem?

like i said, everything's working fine, but i haven't flipped that super chlorinate switch either... maybe i should just to see what happens?

Thanks for your comments

There is really no reason to use the superchlorinate feature. If your pool is adequately chlorinated, then I would say everything is working OK. What are you latest test results? Is the water clear?

Wmollie

You accidently switched the salt display from English Units(ppm) to Metric units(gpl).
The salinity readout will be in Gallons per Liter and the temperature will be in Celsius.
It is very easy to do without realizing it. :oops:

If it happens again, simply press the diagnostics button next to the display once and slide the main switch from AUTO to SUPER CHLORINATE and back to AUTO.
This will reset the display back to English (ppm) and temperature to Fahrenheit.

Run the pump longer and adjust the output % higher if you need additional chlorine.

Post your water test results here and someone will help you to get the most out of your Salt Water Chlorine Generator. :goodjob:

Here is some additional information:
pool-school/salt_water_chlorine_generators

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.