Advice on a new pool sweep & in line leaf catcher

Mar 13, 2011
Hello, I am new here, I hope to gain some much needed information on pool sweeps. I have a rental that has a small in ground gunite pool, natural shape at 8500 gallons. The tenants hired their own pool guy which I thought was pretty decent of them to do so, I decided to fork over some money to purchase a pool sweep and also attach a 'in-line leaf catcher' to it. I simply figure if this will help keep the tenets happy and pool guy happy it will help keep my rental rented and less work for me in the long run looking for new tenants. I have not bought anything as of yet.

My question is...I have pretty much settled on buying the smaller 2 wheel Poolvergnuegen suction cleaner but, I would like some advice on what is a good durable 'in-line' leaf catcher' that will work with this sweep? Or, does pollvergnuegen make these leaf catchers also? If they do I have not seen any.

Any help and or advise on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

I don't think they make a leaf catcher (I can call Dieter or Manuela tomorrow and ask, if you wish). I would think that any inline leaf catcher would work though.

This is the cleaner that I have in my pool (and I've had them all!), and it is the only one I will continue to have in my pool. Great company and great product!

Thanks for the reply and, yes if you would possibly call and find something out, as in which in-line leaf catcher would work best. I was not sure if they were all standard or if poolvernagen made one. I'll be using it on a two wheel suction poolvernagen sweep. I'll keep looking around in the meantime...thanks!

simicrintz said:
I don't think they make a leaf catcher (I can call Dieter or Manuela tomorrow and ask, if you wish). I would think that any inline leaf catcher would work though.

This is the cleaner that I have in my pool (and I've had them all!), and it is the only one I will continue to have in my pool. Great company and great product!

OK, just got off the line with Poolvergnuegen and they do not make a leaf catcher, but their hoses are standard sized and will accept any other brand.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll get the answers :cheers:

simicrintz said:
OK, just got off the line with Poolvergnuegen and they do not make a leaf catcher, but their hoses are standard sized and will accept any other brand.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll get the answers :cheers:

Well, thank you and, yes I did come up with these questions. I had my pool re-plumbed for a suction pool cleaner vs the pressure. I am starting to think I was better off with the pressure, I could have got a pressure pool sweep with the debris bag on it and not have to deal with a suction cleaner having to suction the pool leaves and twigs up the hose into the in-line leaf catcher. Or, am I incorrect in this, will a 2 wheel suction sweep by Poolvergnuegen handle leaves, twigs, will the hose also handle this stuff easily or will it (could it) clog up the line before it gets to the in-line debris bag? :|

I have a 4-wheel suction Poolvergnuegen with out a leaf catcher and have had no problems with anything getting stuck in the hose. I have had twiggs spanning across the sucton port in which case I had to lift the unit up and remove it by hand but I would think that this could happen on a pressure system as well.

jasonknox said:
I have a 4-wheel suction Poolvergnuegen with out a leaf catcher and have had no problems with anything getting stuck in the hose. I have had twiggs spanning across the sucton port in which case I had to lift the unit up and remove it by hand but I would think that this could happen on a pressure system as well.

Okay, thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.