Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new liner

1. Back To Top    #1

new liner

I live in Massachusetts and was the victum of the dreaded "ice shift..liner rip" problem.
    Now we have to put in a new liner, I guess they probably could patch the liner, but I think the safest course of action should be "new"
    When we got the liner before (6 yrs ago), the bottom of my pool was full of pot holes that you could feel with your feet, after 2-4 months after installation.
    Is there anything they can do this time around to stop that problem.??
    Or any other suggestions that should happen before or during the next liner installation???
    I have an old Johnny Weismuller pool with metal sides, above ground, 15x33 oval.
    POOL: Intex ultra (20' x 48") (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam sheets and a tarp - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer)
    EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu)
    Climate/Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

London and France

Re: new liner

Levelling compound?
    How about an armored liner welded on site, much tougher than bag liners.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: new liner

foam bottom...either the ones pool supply companies sell or you can cut your own out of the 4x8 pink sheets you see at HD, just use plenty of gorilla tape to seal the seams and a foam cove would be nice too
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator