Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AG SWG Sizing

1. Back To Top    #1

Montgomery, NY

AG SWG Sizing

Hello. I am researching the purchase of a chlorinator for my 24'x52" above ground pool. I received tons of info. from this site, thanks for that!! I understand the idea of oversizing the chlorinator however I cannot seem to find a chlorinator for an above ground pool that is sized over 18k gallons. That one would be the Goldline Aquatrol. Should this be suffucient for my pool? If not can some recommend another brand and/or model which would be better suited for my pool?

24' Round AGP, 1.5 HP Dynamo pump, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquatrol SWG, TF100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Re: AG SWG Sizing

The AutoPilot AG unit will handle up to 20,000 gallons which offers plenty enough extra capacity for a 24'x52" pool.
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

24' round x 54" walls is approx 13,500 gallons

The Aquatrol is rated for 18,000 gals.

If you keep your water chemistry balanced, the Goldline Aquatrol will work fine.

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

I chlorinate my 24' round with an intex swg (pre-2010 model...believe it is the 56601, still around on ebay, just make sure it does not have copper ionization feature ) running about 3 hrs per day...certainly no frills, but at $139 I'm willing to sacrifice the "top of the line" features.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator