Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool filter help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool filter help

We just bought a house that has a 24' round pool with 48" walls. The pump and filter were bad and needed replaced. I am new to this so I found a pump and filter package online. It was a Hayward DE EC30 filter with a 40 GPM pump. I called the company and was told that, after their calculations, this would be sufficient for my pool. Now, I realize that I should have researched online a bit more before purchasing, but all the information I have found on this pump and filter indicates that it is too small! Any information on this would be a great help! Is this pump and filter too small for my pool? Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Pool filter help

That will be fine.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Welcome to TFP.

While that unit is on the small side it will be fine, as Scott said. It may require more frequent cleaning but it will clean the water fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

That's great to hear! I was really getting worried from reading some of the stuff online! lol Thanks for the responses!