Gunite Warranty

brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I am buying a house with a pool and was told the only warrant that is transferrable is the gunite warranty from Modern Method Gunite. I was also told by the pool builder that they have never heard of a gunite failure. Apparently there is a $400 fee to transfer the warranty. So would it be worth $400 to have the lifetime warranty transferred? I know the answer is probably yes cause $400 is just a drop in the bucket if the gunite was to fail but what is the likelihood of a gunite failure?

Correction. The transfer fee is $500. And the warranty seems to only include failure of the Gunite for compressive strength and excludes almost every other possible failure. Pool is 3.5 - 4 years old so I would imagine if a failure would occur it would have already happened.

Modern Method is a good company I even use them.... I never have heard one of there shell failing to do bad gunite issues itself.. There is so many clauses put into the warranty to remove them out of responsibility in case something fails.. Basically you will be paying them to make their wallets fatter... If it's a good pool company they would extend any type of warranty to you to build good relationship for the future..

One other thing is get a pool inspection done buy a good pool company...

So where in Houston are you located??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keven said:
If your looking for a pool company let me know, I can ask around a find somebody in you area... Everybody I know is on the Northside...

Supreme pools built the pool. I have spoken with them about the equipment and they have been VERY helpful. If I have any issues I will probably call them again. Unless you know any reason not to.

brownchristian said:
Keven said:
If your looking for a pool company let me know, I can ask around a find somebody in you area... Everybody I know is on the Northside...

Supreme pools built the pool. I have spoken with them about the equipment and they have been VERY helpful. If I have any issues I will probably call them again. Unless you know any reason not to.

Nope they are a good company to deal with..

In the end, it will all fall on if a compaction report was supplied at the time of the build. If the homeowner represented good compaction in the pool area (typical on all pool contracts) then any failure will fall back to that. Hardly anyone has a soils report, so I doubt that was provided here when the pool was built. The gunite contractor cannot, and will not, be held liable for poorly compacted soil, if that is the case and there is a failure.

I'd save the money. If you have a gunite failure, you will have bigger problems than just that! Very uncommon to have a failure though, unless you are in sloppy soil or on a slope, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.