How often do you fill your pool?

3des

Nov 23, 2010
DFW
I'm sure this has been discussed before but the forum search omits 2/3 of my search terms...

Just curious as to what is considered normal. I know temp, evap, splash, etc all play a factor but generally speaking, how often do you fill your pool? I have several cracks in my plaster that run very long lengths. I don't think I have a leak based on what I've read but want to be sure.

I've been carefully watching my levels for weeks. Here in N Texas our temps are topping out around 70 daily right now with very little rain so far this year. Over the past 14 days I lost approximately 1". Does this sound about right? I read somewhere that a 1/4" per day lost is considered acceptable. What's your mileage?

That sounds in range. I lost about 1/2 inch this week and it's not all that hot yet.

Have you done a bucket test? Put a bucket of water on your top step so it's the same height as your pool. If after a week the bucket level is higher than the pool you've got a small leak somewhere.

1" in 14 days at this time of year is within normal limits. Of course, it can very based on the temperature and humidity and such, but I think that you are ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.