Here are my opening numbers

Feb 28, 2011
Ok so I got my base tests today to start getting my pool ready and I was wondering where I should start. I definantly will need to shock as the water is a greeen but not very bad so here are my numbers any help on which orer I should attack first will help.

salt level 4400 ppm
FC- none detected
PH- 7.6
TA-70ppm
CH-70ppm
CYA- none detected

SHould I get my CYA up first then add bleach to shock or just add the shock then worry about cya?

There are several ways to do this. I would add chlorine to 5 ppm this evening and then check in the morning to see if there is still any chlorine left. Assuming there is some chlorine left tomorrow morning, add enough CYA to get you up to about 40 ppm in the morning and start maintaing FC around 5 as of tomorrow evening. If you lose all of your chlorine overnight, raise FC up to 15 and add CYA to 40 ppm both starting tomorrow evening and after that keep FC at 15 until it holds overnight.

Your CH level is fine for vinyl, and can wait till later for fiberglass, but for a plaster pool I would start adding CH right away.

your CH is low but can be raised later.

I would bring up CYA so that shock will hold longer.

salt level is high. you have a SWG? 4,000 should be a limit but that can come down over time with backwashing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.