Tell me about my equipment

brownchristian

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I just called the people who installed my pool in 2007 to get a list of the equipment since I haven't moved in yet. So here is what I have. Tell me what you know about it.

All equipment is Jandy.

460 Cartridge Filter
2 HP pump
100 w light at Spa
500 w light at Pool
Jandy PDA
400k BTU Heater
Polaris Cleaner
Polaris Pump
Rainbow 320 Chlorinator

Pool size is +/- 18,000 gallons

Hi! I'll add my responses after each item.
brownchristian said:
I just called the people who installed my pool in 2007 to get a list of the equipment since I haven't moved in yet. So here is what I have. Tell me what you know about it.

All equipment is Jandy.

460 Cartridge Filter
This is the filter for your pool. It uses a paper or cloth cartridge as the filter media. You clean it by opening up the filter body, removing the cartridge and hosing it off. If you use a lot of sunscreen you may need to soak the cartridge once of twice a year to remove the oil deposits.
2 HP pump
This would be the main water circulation source for the pool. It pumps water to the filter and provides suction to run a manual vacuum or pressure side cleaner.
100 w light at Spa
The light in your spa. May be located in the bottom of the spa.
500 w light at Pool
The light for the pool, usually located on the side most likely to blind you as you look out the window (j/k :-D )
Jandy PDA
PDA= Pool digital assistant. A wireless controller for the pool
400k BTU Heater
Your pool heater. Might be just for the spa or might be for the whole pool.
Polaris Cleaner
An automatic pool cleaner, run using the polaris pump
Polaris Pump
Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
A canister attached to the pool plumbing. It holds chlorine pucks. You should only use it when you plan to be away for more than a couple of days. Also make sure to find out what kind of pucks it had in it last. Dichlor/Trichlor does not play well with Cal-hypo.

Pool size is +/- 18,000 gallons

Sounds like a nice set up. I hope this answers your questions. Enjoy the new(to you) pool!

brownchristian said:
I guess my question was more about the quality of the equipment.
Tough to say without specifics, but Polaris and Jandy are quality brands. Rainbow is well known as well.

eg. a "2HP pump" doesn't tell us much...brand and model # would help draw some opinions
same with 460 Cart Filter :goodjob:

I realize you may not have full access to the home yet, but in all you equipment does not look too bad, just do insist on a pool specific inspection, in addition to the home inspection. Good luck with the purchase.

It's mainly all Jandy equipment which is one of the top equipments there is.. The 320 chlorinator is Pentair which again is at the top... Jandy and Pentair are the 2 best companies and can't go wrong with them...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.