pump or filter problem?

Jun 26, 2009
i have a two year old 24 ft agp. when i turn pump off a large amount of water shoots out of the skimmer. i only have 1 inlet and 1 return. pump and filter appear to be circulating water other than the problem when the pump cuts off. any ideas on problem?

That is caused by air trapped in the filter. There should be a bleed valve somewhere on top of the filter that you can use to let the air out. Open the valve while the pump is running and wait until water comes out steadily, then close the valve again. There is a small chance that that will only help for a little while, much more likely that it will completely solve the problem.

One thing to do is to check the pump strainer basket while the pump is running for air in the top. If there's not any then bleeding the air out will most likely fix the problem permanently, like Jason said.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.