ALGA = CPO?

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Hi guys :wave:

I'm thinking I should have a CPO certificate for my new job (caring for and maintaining 7 pools at a private complex)

I found a completely on-line course here which is $125 less than the CPO course, which also requires 1 day of attendance)

Does anyone know if the 2 certificates are ~ equal for health dept. regulations? (I've got a call in to my GM on subsidizing my endeavor and asking for the Health Dept.'s number, so I can check with them)

I like the idea of doing it on-line because, if I had to listen to someone tell ME how to care for or dose a pool, I'd start throwing things (like with a fecal indecent, WHY don't you take CYA level into account :rant: ) at them and get my butt kicked out :evil:

It's almost Spring :party:

Getting the doc is what is important. Focus on the certification. CPO is what is recognized.

Do Not focus what we know is wrong. The insurance companies don't care about that. The government entities don't care about that. Having the cert is what they care about.

Scott

THANKS Scott! :cheers:

A little more research revealed that, in Maine, "one does NOT have to be certified to operate a commercial pool" all you need is to prove proficiency in running a pool. (I think I've got that covered :p )

I'll go ahead and get the less expensive cert, they allow a payment program, so I don't have to come up with the $ up front :cool: (unemployment - or as my BIL calls it, unenjoyment, won't keep the lights on, oil in the tank nor food in the fridge whilst allowing for taking a pool course :lol: )

AAAARRRRGGGG!!

It appears that I HAVE to get certified by the CPO course :rant: (I talked to the director of HHS and even she couldn't tell me how to take/ pass a test that would be acceptable :evil: ) I now have to pull BS bunnies out of my butt to be able to do my job :hammer:

Sure, I could pass their test with ~ no studying. However, if I have to see an instructor, I'm not sure I can just 'kowtow' to his rambling BS!

To put this in some sort of perspective, the state law says that CYA can be up to 150 ppm and that 'shock' should be 20 ppm FC - for guardia, regardless as to CYA, they say 20 ppm chlorine (and they admit that DPD, which they require, won't measure that level) for 3 turnovers is enough! :x

All this and they tell ME that I'm not qualified to supervise a pool in their F***&%ing state??????

If anyone can give me advice on 'taking on' the state government, I would REALLY appreciate it :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.