Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ecomatic advice/experience?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ecomatic advice/experience?

Getting ready to put in our pool! We are interested in going the salt water route. Wanted to see if anyone has or is familiar with the ecomatic salt water chlorine generator. Trying to decide which one to purchase. Thanks!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ecomatic advice/experience?

Welcome to TFP!

The EcoMatic is not all that popular so we don't hear much about it. Many people shopping in that price range seem to go with the CompuPool which has had several positive mentions.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome! We are really looking forward to getting our pool! They start digging tomorrow.

I haven't heard of the compupool but am just beginning my research into SWG. A friend has the EcoMatic and the local pool dealer sells IntelliChlor so those are the only ones I know much of anything about. I didn't read really good reviews on the IntelliChlor though.

Any advice for getting started?

4. Back To Top    #4

The IntelliChlor is generally well though of, but it is normally a little more expensive and isn't usually the best choice unless you also have a Pentair brand automation system. The Hayward Aqua Rite is very well thought of, also a little more expensive than the EcoMatic or CompuPool.

There is a good article in Pool School on adjusting your levels for use with a SWG. Depending on how much you already know you could start there, or read some of the more basic articles first.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School