Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Construction in Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New Construction in Florida

Well, this is it. We have begun the process of having a pool installed and the dig will begin in a few weeks. We selected a Blue Hawaiian Fiberglass pool, the "Bayshore" model ( 14"X30"X6"). I chose fiberglass because i use a wheelchair and concrete just scrapes up my legs and knees big time. We went with a local builder who had great references with the BBB and Angies List. His quote was the best out of the three we interviewed and we both just felt comfortable with him ( Hawaiian Island Pools out of New Port Richey). I have never owned a pool so this is all new to me but the information on this site has been invaluable! My back yard has a tree that is going to be removed and we are also having 800sq feet of concrete deck with the acrylic coating installed with the pool. For a dude in a wheelchair concrete is my friend and tree roots are not,lol. I never go in my back yard now but that is soon going to change for the better We are also going with the salt Chlorinator ( Aqua Rite) , Hayward 1hp pump, Cartridge filter, and a big pool party that everyone is invited to. Thank you all in advance for the help because i know i will be asking questions along the way........
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Construction in Florida

Congrats to you and best of luck with your build!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Pool Mom!
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

4. Back To Top    #4

consider a variable speed pump, not only for the electric rates but the silent run of the pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Susa, i will check into that......... Electricity is not cheap so i will inquire with my builder.
    Anton and Michele

6. Back To Top    #6

"Before" back yard picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anton and Michele

7. Back To Top    #7

I have been preparing the back yard for the pool......electric line moved, cable line moved and the permit has been submitted. Once the tree has been taken out and the dig starts i will pose some more pictures.

I have a question about how wide the concrete decking should be. I am having a fiberglass pool installed and i was wondering what the minimum amount of concrete that needs to be put around the pool. The majority of the pool will be surrounded with plenty of concrete but there is one area that will have only 3'. Is that enough to keep the pool safe from say, heavy rain? We get about 45" per year on a good year.....hurricanes mean more, lots more. My PB uses gravel to backfill around the pool but would a wider deck help keep water heavy sand away from the pool walls?
    Anton and Michele

8. Back To Top    #8

Today my beloved Red Maple was removed, along with my favorite Grapefruit tree. In all reality, i will trade both of those trees for a pool in a heartbeat. I can plant more trees ( and have to, according to local code) but a pool is.....well, PRICELESS!

Tomorrow the dig and pool delivery. YIKES, my back yard is gona' look a lot different
    Anton and Michele

9. Back To Top    #9

I hade to keep the Crape Myrtle but maybe sombody wants a Bird of Paradise.
    Anton and Michele

10. Back To Top    #10

Today is the day! We are so excited, the pool is on its way I will be posting lots of pictures. We both took the day off from work to be here, its not that often in life that you get a pool installed!
    Anton and Michele

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great Bro, can't wait for the pool party, keep posting new pics and I will lokk at them throughout the day. Never realized how much shade that Maple gave till I saw the yard with out it....keeps the picks coming and have fun
    DIY in progress: 25k gallon 18 x 36, Vinyl, 1 hp hayward Super Pump, 175sq ft hayward cartridge, compupool 40K SWG

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks Brotha'! You are going to be at the grand opening........bring your bathing suit, i got the brews

More pics soon.
    Anton and Michele

13. Back To Top    #13

clearing the way....
    Anton and Michele

14. Back To Top    #14

Tearing up the old concrete to make way for the decking.
    Anton and Michele

15. Back To Top    #15

Good bye old small patio....HELLO BIG NEW POOL DECK......Yippee!!!
    DIY in progress: 25k gallon 18 x 36, Vinyl, 1 hp hayward Super Pump, 175sq ft hayward cartridge, compupool 40K SWG

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by keirster2
    Good bye old small patio....HELLO BIG NEW POOL DECK......Yippee!!!

Its amazing what they can do with the right equipment......we are going to need the space for a wheelchair ramp that i can ride down and jump off into the pool, hahaha, just kidding........well maybe
    Anton and Michele

17. Back To Top    #17

Digging the pool out.
    Anton and Michele

18. Back To Top    #18

Looks like you are well on your way to haveing a great pool. Keep us posted on the build. Next stop POOL PARTY!!!!
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    Looks like you are well on your way to haveing a great pool. Keep us posted on the build. Next stop POOL PARTY!!!!
    Thank you Mark, all TFP members are invited to the grand opening!
    Anton and Michele

20. Back To Top    #20

The deep end.
    Anton and Michele

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast