Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wait for warm weather to start everything up?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wait for warm weather to start everything up?

Finally got the pool installed. Well, now the nerves set in! Waiting for warm weather so we can test out all of the new equipment. But, Should we wait or go ahead and start up the pump and SWG? Obviously, it will be at least 6 weeks before the weather will be warm enough for the kids to swim. (not according to them, they want to swim now)
    24' by 52" all resin Trevi 222
    Armor shield and GLI aquarium liner
    Hayward aquatrol SWG
    Waterway 22 sand filter
    1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Pool deck is done! (except for the deck texturized coating) :)

Hopefully, I can run this pool with out any professional and costly help this summer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wait for warm weather to start everything up?

Our pool is open and the pumps are running. I cleaned and serviced the DE filter 2 weeks ago when we had the warm weekend. Aquarite SWCG has been running at 40% for 6 hours/day. Water is "sparking" clear. Will probably add the solar blanket next weekend to warm the water into the upper 60's, then turn on the Heat Pump the following week if the daytime temps remain in the 70s for the entire week. If warmer than average temperatures continue, we should be swimming in a couple of weeks.

My apologies to our neighbors to the North who still have snow on their pools.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I started cleaning mine up yesterday. I don't have solar or a pool cover but I take some pleasure from simply looking at it in "operating" condition.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Went ahead and started everything. This was the first time for this pool, added the salt and all of the chemicals to get it going, and put the solar cover on and hope to have some sunny days to get it warmed up to a reasonable temperature!
    24' by 52" all resin Trevi 222
    Armor shield and GLI aquarium liner
    Hayward aquatrol SWG
    Waterway 22 sand filter
    1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Pool deck is done! (except for the deck texturized coating) :)

Hopefully, I can run this pool with out any professional and costly help this summer!

5. Back To Top    #5

opened ours today to, took the winter cover off to find allot of dirt on the bottom, The water is pretty clear, not perfect but not to bad either. We are hoping to be swimming in it, the first part of April.. We have a heat pump so it takes awhile for it to heat up..
    live in eastern washington state
    18x36, Vinyl inground 24k
    Hayward 1 hp filter pump
    1 skimmer/2 returns
    24" sand filter, polaris 280 with booster pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

I never really shut mine down. Anytime my generator read anything other then " COLD " then I turned the pump on for alittle while. For the past few weeks I have had it running at 40% for 6hrs a day and the kids went in for the 1st time yesterday. My husband thinks I love the pool more then him because I am always out there doing something or getting leaves out.
    24ft Seaspray Evoluction ABG
    1.5hp Pentair Dyno
    22in Sandfilter
    AquaTrol SWG
    Milton, FL (NW Florida Panhandle just outside of Pensacola)