Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zero pressure on filter??

1. Back To Top    #1

Zero pressure on filter??

Hi guys, I just backwashed my system as usual, and I can't get the pressure on the filter to rise above zero. If I partially close the return valve the pressure gauge rises, so I'm reasonably sure the gauge isn't to blame. Normally it sits around 15-18psi.
    The system is flowing water; the pool vac is operating although it seems as if the pressure is actually lower than usual.
    What am I missing here?
    28,000 gallons / Plaster / Hayward 30" Sand Filter / PoolCleaner 4x / PoolSkim / Hayward RS1500 / CircuPool RJ60

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Zero pressure on filter??

Did you put enough DE back in the system after the backwash?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

3. Back To Top    #3

Nevermind...solved it. Impeller had a wad of **** in it...thanks
    28,000 gallons / Plaster / Hayward 30" Sand Filter / PoolCleaner 4x / PoolSkim / Hayward RS1500 / CircuPool RJ60

4. Back To Top    #4

15to 18 lbs is normal reading.....anything higher than 25 indicates your filters are getting very dirty. A zero reading means the filter system is not working. Time for new filters

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman59
    15to 18 lbs is normal reading.....anything higher than 25 indicates your filters are getting very dirty. A zero reading means the filter system is not working. Time for new filters
    Or like the OP mentioned, it could have just been a clogged impeller or even a bad gauge. I'd hate to see someone replace their filter just because the gauge reads zero, before trouble shooting the issue first.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator