Lets see your BBB pool after long winter

Jun 14, 2010
South Texas
Guess I might be cheating. I live in deep south Texas so we only got below freezing a handfull of times and had one 1/2" ice storm 2 weeks ago.
I drug the solar cover off my pool and was pretty happy. BBB kept it nice through the down time. I would add 2 cups of bleach maybe every 3 to 4 weeks, and ran the pump 2 hours in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m.
Once I vaccumed the burned sugar cane and few pecan shells from birds I only found one uh oh. I have one piece of nutgrass that came through. So when it gets warm enough I will yank and patch it.
Please show me how yours turned out after the winter. Wondering if this was a fluke beings this was my first year owning a pool, and using BBB.

Thanks to all

Attachments

• pool winter.PNG
    pool winter.PNG
    345 KB · Views: 263
  • pool grass.PNG
    pool grass.PNG
    509.2 KB · Views: 263
No fluke there. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures but once the cover was off there was about a dozen leaves in it that fell off the cover and the FC was about 7ppm with zero ppm CC's. The pH was high but that's to be expected. The water was crystal clear. Uncovered it about a week ago.

[center:1i1ik1ti]
file.php

This was February 13. It looks pretty much identical today.[/center:1i1ik1ti]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.