Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lets see your BBB pool after long winter

1. Back To Top    #1

Lets see your BBB pool after long winter

Guess I might be cheating. I live in deep south Texas so we only got below freezing a handfull of times and had one 1/2" ice storm 2 weeks ago.
    I drug the solar cover off my pool and was pretty happy. BBB kept it nice through the down time. I would add 2 cups of bleach maybe every 3 to 4 weeks, and ran the pump 2 hours in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m.
    Once I vaccumed the burned sugar cane and few pecan shells from birds I only found one uh oh. I have one piece of nutgrass that came through. So when it gets warm enough I will yank and patch it.
    Please show me how yours turned out after the winter. Wondering if this was a fluke beings this was my first year owning a pool, and using BBB.

Thanks to all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15' Intex frame set
    4600 Gallon
    2650gph Intex Sand Filter
    NightLighter 35W
    Red Neck fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lets see your BBB pool after long winter

No fluke there. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures but once the cover was off there was about a dozen leaves in it that fell off the cover and the FC was about 7ppm with zero ppm CC's. The pH was high but that's to be expected. The water was crystal clear. Uncovered it about a week ago.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Here are my current numbers

FC 11
    CC 0
    PH 7.2
    TA 200

Im a little worried about the high TA. Should I just aerate for a while to drop this or is it a problem?
    15' Intex frame set
    4600 Gallon
    2650gph Intex Sand Filter
    NightLighter 35W
    Red Neck fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

200 is a little high and you should probably work on it but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just work on it whenever the pH rises enough.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

[center:1i1ik1ti]

This was February 13. It looks pretty much identical today.[/center:1i1ik1ti]
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!