Easy Touch temperature sensor

Jul 15, 2009
Not sure if this is the right forum, but...
The pool temp reading on my EasyTouch 4 is 150 degrees F. Where would the pool water sensor be, and why would it be reading so high? The heater is not on, and the water is cold. Any ideas? Thanks

We just installed our pool in Jan with an Easy Touch system and the instructions recommended placing the water temp sensor on the pipe between the pump and filter. This gives a temp on the water returning from the pool. Look for a small (about1" in size) relatively flat black plastic object heled against the pipe with a hose clamp. There will be small gauge black wire coming from your sensor back to your Easy Touch box. A hole (roughly 1/4") is drilled into your pipe and the sensor is inserted so that it makes contact with the water. If you determine that you need to change the sensor, it is pretty easy to do. The Easy Touch installation manual diagrams it well. If you don't have that manual, you can download the pdf file from the Pentair site. Also, I'd suggest you call Pentair tech support for guidance. During installation of our system, we made multiple calls to Pentair tech support and were pleasantly surprised with the great tech support we received. Hope this helps.

I also have a Pentair Easy Touch with a bad water sensor. Error code comes on the panel and the temp reads 4*F. Should be about 50*F right now.
I come up with part # 520272 formerly TS5T.
I have red and black wires.
A friend has an exact same looking sensor except with red and green wires. Not sure what system it came off but it was Pentair.
The temp reads 90*F when hooked up.
I know, get the right part but why would the reading be so far off?

My Easytouch water sensor went bad after about six months of operation. It was under warranty and Pentair had someone come and replace it free of charge. Actually very good customer service.

When it went bad it registered way high as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.