Hayward SwimClear

BrianC

Mar 4, 2011
Hi,

I am new to the forum! We are in the process of selecting a pool installer for a 38' steel wall Mountain Lake pool and trying to decide on options. One of the installers is recommending the Hayward SwimClear cartridge filter for the pool. I guess the choice is between DE and a cartridge. None of the installers we have interviewed has recommended sand.

What is the bottom line for a SwimClear. Will the Cartridges need to be cleaned frequently? The installer does not think they will need frequent maintenance. I guess it all depends on the water quality but with reasonable quality will I be hosing these things out frequently?

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome to the forum :wave: . We've had our pool just about a year and have cleaned the filter once. I would say I will have to clean it twice a year tops, once before swim season and once after just for good measure. The pool got tons of use last summer including a couple dogs and gallons of sun block. It was really simple and quick to clean. Our pool is about 12k gallons and we have the Swimclear C4025. There is a link in pool school that explains the pros and cons of the different types of filters. I would suggest you read pool school backwards and fowards and then read it again :) .

Thanks Guamguy and Shane!

The installler did not specify the model on his proposal. He said that it should only need to be cleaned once a year. I will verify the model with him. I am glad to hear that frequent cleaning is not likely. I had an above ground pool once that had a 3' cartridge filter in the skimmer itself and it did a great job of cleaning but did clog and require frequent cleaning. The pool was in a bad location and had lots of debris in it because of the location. I realize that the swimclear is an actual filter system where my previous experience was a cartridge in a skimmer. I will also be researching a pool robot to assist in keeping the water clear.

Thanks again....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.