Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which robot should I get?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which robot should I get?

Looking at two different models :
    Dolphin Pro 9301
    Prowler 720

I have read mixed reviews about both so just wondering. I will have a 24x41 free form pool with a 12' radius step. Please let me know your thoughts.

20x41 Inground Vinyl, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair 1 HPWhispeflo, Interllichlor, Prowler 720

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Massachusetts

Re: Which robot should I get?

I have an Aquabot T2 and really like it. I think Dolphin's are ok too. You will find good and bad reviews on just about every robot out there, though.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Indialantic, FL

Not intending to confuse the process, but I'm quite happy with my Blue Diamond.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

London and France

Buy one with a remote control, that way you can steer it back to the bit's it misses rather than waiting an eternity for it to cover those bits. My personal favorite is the smartpool range, very light to handle, bigger easier to empty and fit bag, four pick up slots not two and they are inline with the rollers. Motors are inside the rollers so saving space and no belts to brake. If that isn't enough should it go wrong it's been designed to be fixed at home!