Really ready to open the pool!!!

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
We purchased our house last November and closed the pool the same week. We've never even been in it. I only visit the area when I go out to yank around on my brand new, poorly performing (recently replaced again under warranty) cover pump, when it's sitting in 6-8 inches of water. :hammer:

I just placed my order for the TF 100 test kit and the magnetic stirrer. I'm hoping to open the pool up next month (probably a few weeks or more earlier than good swimming season here in southern KY), so I can start messing with keeping everything balanced and get used to doing the testing before we start using the pool frequently.

Going to have the installer/maintainer come show me how to open it so I'll know more about what is going on. Also plan to get exacts on gallons and other info that might be useful when getting questions answered on here.

Let the fun begin!!!

Don't buy anything until you test your water and post your numbers here. Also have a pool store test your water for free and just SEE what they suggest. (You'll know why later!) Add a sig line all about your pool to your profile like mine below.

Got the test kit in. I'll admit, it looks a bit overwhelming. I've compiled all of the pool school items that apply to my setup in a word document and printed it out and put it in a folder. I plan on reading it a few times to help me become more familiar with what everything is and how it all works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.