Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Cincinnati, Ohio

AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Question

I'm looking at the AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital for my 30K gallon pool. What size would you recommend and will this control my Whisperflo 2 speed pump? Thanks
    18 x 36 IG Vinyl Liner 28K Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG
    2" Suction and Return Lines - 2 skimmers, 6 returns
    Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Question

I would suggest the 60K. The 40 will work but leave little headroom for extra demand and it will last loner since it doesn't need to be generating as frequently. The amount of time a cell is generating affect it life.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Re: AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital Question

The RC-35/SC-36 cell is rated for up to 35,000 gallons however as PoolGuy mentioned the bigger cell will work better in the long run. The RC-42/SC-48 will do up to 42,000 gallons and the SC-60/RC-52 will do up to 52,000 gallons.

Yes, the unit will run the 2 speed just fine. Just make sure you order it with the pump control relay - not all dealers include this as part of the system. Page 16 of the Pool Pilot Digital manual provides technical details of this:
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps