DE Filter for above ground pool?

budysr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Pensacola
I am thinking about replacing my sand filter this year finally. Was all but set on going cartridge, but now I am really looking hard at DE. I think I really need the fine filtration here with the pollens that get in my water and get through the sand. Anyway...I have seen quite a few posts and praises on the Pentair De quad. Looks like the one to get. Question is, will one of these be OK in an above ground system? I have a 3/4hp 2 speed pump and a 24ft round pool. I was thinking the Quad 60?

For your size pool the Quad 60 should be fine. 36sqft is the recommended minimum and you're almost doubling that. With an oversized filter you'll get better flow due to lower head loss. You'll also get longer periods between cleaning.

Scott and I were typing at the same time but I got a little long winded. :)

Price wise, that fns 36 isn't really much cheaper than the quad 60. Seems like it would be foolish to go with that if there isn't a big price difference. I've heard so many times that oversized is better for filters. I'm sure it would work, but if the price is almost the same....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.