Initial AGP Treatment

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
What a great site, so much info and help available!!

In the process of putting all the peices together for a spring AGP and deck install, I'm trying to track down some info regarding the initial treatment of water into the pool, in my noobness I'm unsure if the chemical balancing of the very first start up is the same as pring opening of an existing pool.
I'm planning on using the BBB method.

I've searched thru the boards but most of the info I'm finding pertains to opening an existing pool and generally pertains to people with at least 1 season under their belts, if anyone could direct me to some info on initial start up with the BBB method I'd appreciate it.

Cramar, welcome to TFP :wave:

Get a TF100 and a Taylor speedstir (Tftestkits.net) , then test your fill water PH, TA and CH. We'll be able to assist you from there.

When you initially fill the pool, you'll need a few bottles of bleach or liquid chlorine to start and some CYA (aka conditioner/stabilizer) to get your CYA level to around 30ppm to start. From there you'll just need to make sure you have an FC reading of 3-4ppm every day. Retest CYA after 7days and we'll fine tune your chemistry from there

The first step is to get water test results for your initial fill water. Depending on what those readings are there are quite a number of different things you might need to do.

You will want to have some bleach and cyanuric acid on hand. There are several other things you might need, depending on what your test results show.

Thanks for the great responses, I bookmarked that test kit.
I'll order that and do a test run on the house water and get a plan of attack together, once the pool is up I'll get some samples and go from there. If I need help I'll post the levels here.

Thanks for the suggestions. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.