Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC Pool Build

1. Back To Top    #1

NC Pool Build

I am going to start digging the pool this weekend!!!! We are excited and scared at the same time. I have a few trees to get out of the way but all should be good, the weather is going to be 68 on Saturday. I will be digging a 24x41 Free Form pool with vinyl liner. I will be posting pictures soon and hopefully giving weekly updates. Still reading a lot on this site so posting will hopefully come later. Wish me luck!!!!!

TK
    20x41 Inground Vinyl, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair 1 HPWhispeflo, Interllichlor, Prowler 720

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NC Pool Build

Welcome to TFP Good luck with the build
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Well these are the official day one pictures of the pool. The previous day I had to remove a few oak trees that were in the way and did the preliminary pool layout with the PB.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x41 Inground Vinyl, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair 1 HPWhispeflo, Interllichlor, Prowler 720

4. Back To Top    #4

More pics of day 1. Tomorrow they should have the steel onsite.

5. Back To Top    #5

Day 2, Did not get started till after lunch but got most of the steel up today.

6. Back To Top    #6

Very cool! I really like the curved vinyl pools.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

After a big rain on Thursday the crew was back on site to install the plumbing. Just curious to any comments on the plumbing and more importantly the shim that is under the stairs? Is there going to be a problem with this? Please let me know.

8. Back To Top    #8

more pics

9. Back To Top    #9

more

10. Back To Top    #10

Updated pictures. PB has backfilled the pool and has the plumbing pipes for the pump, filter and returns stubbed into where the pool house will be located. Electricians will be here tomorrow so I can finish the backfilling the ditch.

11. Back To Top    #11

That's gonna look good when finished.

12. Back To Top    #12

The concrete man will be on this next week to do the concrete coping. We are torn as to do a stamped concrete or just a broom finish for the decking. I have a concrete guy that does work for me (I am a contractor) that will do stamped concrete for the same price as broom, just for me. I have read horror stories as far as stamped concrete being too slippery but that is if you seal it. Has anyone done the stamped concrete and not sealed it? I have also read that if you add an anti slip in the sealer there are no problems Let me know your thoughts.

TK

13. Back To Top    #13

Updated pictures of the pool build. This is the concrete coping and the bottom.

14. Back To Top    #14

More pictures

15. Back To Top    #15

These are from today. The liner was install last Friday and we put a couple of loads of water in before the light inspection. So far so good, still have a long ways to go.

16. Back To Top    #16

More pics

17. Back To Top    #17

Hey, nice non-blue liner! Please post a full pic...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

18. Back To Top    #18

Great looking pool!

Keep us posted.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks for the kind words. The slab for the building will be poured at the end of the week. My concrete guy is going to form up the patio this Friday as well then we will be pouring on Monday. Still torn as to the stamp design we are going with, or if we are going to do just a colored concrete or a stain...................decisions decisions. The pool was filled up today as well so we are gong to get a temp pump up and running to turn the water but so far so good. Can't wait for the next couple of weeks when things come together.

TK

20. Back To Top    #20

I finally have the pool house build, stamped concrete was complete today and the fence is going in tomorrow. I will follow up hopefully tomorrow or this weekend with all the pics. I have all my start up chemicals in and the pool is looking great. My PB gave me a crash course today in the equipment and so forth and showed me the ins and outs. We set the easy touch panel up as well and set the schedules, runs in the am from 6-10 and at night from 6-10. Well, as of now the pump and filter is still running and it is after the scheduled time. I'm sure it still needs to run over night based on the fact that I dumped 24 bags of salt in today and there is still a little in the bottom of the pool. Please let me know what I need to look for in case this is going on tomorrow night. Thanks, TK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast