New Pool Owner

wjones9589

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2011
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Hi all I'm new to owning a pool but I just purchased a foreclosure home with a nasty looking pool. My dad and I cleaned it up allot and he found a temporary pump and filter for it, the pump leaks a little bit but it does the job. My pool is small about 3,500 gallons and the pool pump I got is 1HP and the pool only has 1 return jet and the water comes out like a tsunami, I'm in the market for a new pump, filter, and saltwater generator....also thinking about adding on a solar heater in the future. Any recommendations on what type of pump I should buy?

Could you tell us a bit more about the pool? Is it in ground or above ground? Does it have rigid plumbing or flexible hoses? It would also help to get some idea of what your rough budget is and what part of the country you live in.

As a general rule, you want a smaller pump and larger filter than a typical pool store will try to sell you. Larger pumps waste electricity. Meanwhile larger filters are more efficient and can go longer between cleanings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.