What would you do?

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
I have a little bit of an issue, want to get guidance from the experts.

Last Saturday, i added about 20-30 ppm solid CYA to my pool (i say 20-30 because it was too low to register on my k-2006, but there was some cloudiness to the water, i couldn't see the dot if i filled the tester to the very top). It was just opened and previously had 0 ppm cya (tested).

It rained very hard last night, and now my pool water level is above the top of the skimmer. I also have a few leaves i need to clean from the bottom. I also have a poolskim in my pool.

That said, would you recommend:

1. Do nothing, let the water evaporate until back to normal level. Clean the leaves via manual vac (not to waste) with inline leaf canister.
2. Backwash to get the water level down, which will also flush any undissolved cya. Vacuum leaves as above.
3. Vacuum to waste, to get the water down and get the leaves off the bottom, but still lose some ppms of cya.
4. do something else entirely.

Any feedback appreciated.

Do you have a multiport valve on your filter? If so, just pump the water off using the waste setting. That way you perserve any CYA that may still be in the filter as you're bypassing the filter and not backwashing through it. You may lose a little but it won't be too bad.

Vacuum the pool through the leaf canister.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.