Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need to get algae back into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

need to get algae back into pool

ok this is the problem..

I have a very difficult client which does not want to replace water to reduce CYA and she is a problem and I want to get rid of her.

Since i shocked the pool there is some CC left and it smells and irrirates skin.

I will be getting rid of this client and would like to know if pool is left to the elements will the smell and irritation eventually go away? of course the algae will come back but main concern in the CC and smell.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: need to get algae back into pool

unlikely, and if let go, if she's lucky, if the right bacteria is introduced to the pool the CYA will probably be converted to ammonia causing the cc and irritation to get worse when chlorine is added... But the good news is the high CYA will be taken care of... lol

There really is only one course of action and if she's not willing to do that then just tell her I'm sorry can't help you then and wash your hands of it. But no, this problem will not get better on its own if you let her go back to her prior routine. She's in for a rude awakening...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

You could use a chlorine neutralizer, like sodium thiosulfate. That will break down both the FC and the CC, leaving some ammonia behind from the broken down CC. Of course, any subsequent addition of chlorine will just recreate the CC again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the suggestions. she is a princess who is not used to people telling her what needs to be done. ok as for the CC is around 1ppm last time i checked. FC around 21ppm. she will not let me replace water and has insulted me so I have written a strong letter to her and have terminated her.

these types of people love to sue so will see. I think in future I have to not accept some clients as they are bad for business and my health.

5. Back To Top    #5

With a very high CYA level, the CCs will probably eventually get oxidized but it will be far slower. It's really too bad this client isn't willing to have at least some significant water replacement.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek
    With a very high CYA level, the CCs will probably eventually get oxidized but it will be far slower. It's really too bad this client isn't willing to have at least some significant water replacement.
    can not please this client. she will be a problem for sure so getting rid of her.

I have plenty other clients who respect me. she called me liar and does not listen to my advice. I have no time for those. Plenty other good clients out there.

7. Back To Top    #7

The good side is that your not married to her!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by renovxpt
    The good side is that your not married to her!
    True!!!I will not accept these clients anymore..

9. Back To Top    #9

These clients in Lyford? It's beautiful in there.... Sounds like it's not worth the aggravation in any event.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

10. Back To Top    #10

renovxpt, great line!
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.